Forecasted Hell Week: Pre-8th ASEAN Science and Technology Week

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Back in college before every term ends we would have what we students would call "Hell Week". It's literally a week of Hell for us students, and for the professors, its what they call exams. The reason why its called Hell week is that we have to endure for one week all the final exams for all our subjects, and these exams aren't easy, well I guess it's not supposed to be one, but the point is these exams are difficult for the majority of students, also it's our the last chance to pass all our unfinished projects and prove to our professors that we are worthy of passing grades, this is the time that usually spell life and death for our college life.

After graduation I thought I would never have to endure the same hardships similar to hell week, but then it seems I spoke to soon, by the end of June our office will be experiencing what I would imagine as Hell week, office style. By the third week of June my boss already gave us a hint that we should brace ourselves on the last few days of preparation for the 8th ASEAN Science and Technology Week with which our office is the secretariat. All of us are preparing our request for over time and we are also preparing our mind and bodies to endure tremendous pressure and stress.

I have not yet to experience this and maybe I might write something about it but for now all I now is that, our office will be very toxic soon and all hell could break loose. I have prepared myself just like college for this might spell life and death for my working life, this event could make me if things worked flawlessly or break me if things went bad, though I'm confident that I'll get over this event.

Or maybe I'm just over reacting like I always do. But then It wouldn't be bad to be extra careful and expect the unexpected, after all I do expect that some things will go wrong eventually like someone is playing on us. Just like a game, I guess I'll just have to think of a strategy for every eventuality on the spot.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © My blogs