Best Friend

Thursday, April 3, 2008

I once had a best friend, he was my cousin from my fathers side of the family, but that was a long time ago...We were almost the same age and played a lot, eat a lot, laugh a lot and do stupid things a lot.
I never had any other friend as good as him, we never shared our problems, maybe because we thought
we were men, and needed to be strong. I had a lot of good memories with him, specialy on how stupid we once were, we would catch frogs, ignite fire crackers which were inches from an LPG tank, and play stupid games, but we had fun.

As time goes by, i think we simply grew up, and the connection between each other seem to disappear when he tried to steal some of my stuff, for reasons i think should not be posted in this blog. my father retrieved all of my stuff, and cought up on him and taught him a few good lessons. we never talked since then, even during the family reunions, and its been almost eight years.

A few weeks ago i heard a tearable news, he's been shot five times and when people said the news he was still in ICU, it came to be a shock.
I knew he was doing something but it never came to my mind that he would end up in that situation.
Her mother, my aunt, came to me in tears, even if she knew her son was not in good terms, asking for help, any help.

How can i resist, he was once my best friend and even if he's no longer my best friend, we had our share of good times, not to mention he's also my cousin, my first cousin. iI gave what i can, and if you'd ask me if I'd forgiven him, well, I never judged him, nor did i became angry, I just wanted an apology. Last week i visited him, he was improving, but still needs treatment. I guess you can really blame people for their actions, coz these actions can sometimes be the result of a far more deeper reason, sometimes beyond our comprehention, but often, misjudged and mis understoond.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © My blogs