The Notebook Movie Quotes

Friday, July 17, 2009

"The Notebook" a 2004 love story movie about an old couple where the man tells his wife about their story but the wife does not remember anything not even him. The man who never lost hope continues to read their story until one night his wife finally remembers and died sleeping together. I love this movie which I watched together with my girlfriend, despite the condition of his wife, the man persisted on staying with her, I rarely like love stories but this is one of a few films that I liked, maybe because the story was told in a different way or how the story tells how an ideal couple would be in a somewhat realistic society. Here are some of the quotes that I liked:

Noah: I am no one special. Just a common man with common thoughts. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and soul and for me that has always been enough.

Allie: most of the time I have all these thoughts bouncing around in my head, but with a brush in my hand, the world just gets kinda quiet.

Noah: Well thanks doc, but you know what they say, science goes only so far and then comes God.

Anne: 'Cause I might know you a little better than you think. And I don't want you waking up one morning thinking if you'd known everything you might have done something different.

Allie's mother: Sometimes when I'm in the area, I just stop here and I watch him, trying to picture how different my life might have been.

Line from a letter of Noah to Allie: The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © My blogs