Mapping Windows Network Drive to Ubuntu

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Its been a while since I figured out how to map a windows network drive to an Ubuntu Operating System. This is very useful especially if your office is using different types of Operating Systems.

Here are the steps:

1. On your Ubuntu Desktop, click on the places tab, which is usually found at the upper left portion, in between application and system and choose "connect to server" option

2. At the service type choose windows share, and simply fill up all the details:
- the server is the name of the pc where you want to connect(use the computer name)
- share is the folder name of the shared folder
- user name is the name of your pc
- domain name is your workgroup
- name to use in your connection is name that you would like to use

3. simply double click on the connect icon and the detwork drive should show up on your desktop

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
some problem with mapping windows network drive on ubuntu.I map network drive & I want to upload file from network drive but when i open filezill FTP it dont show the mapped drive which is already map on my desktop.

Unknown said...

Hi,
Actually the problem with mapping windows network drive on ubuntu.
I map network drive
I want to upload file from network drive but when i open filezill FTP it dont show the mapped drive which is allready map on my desktop.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © My blogs