The best gift

Friday, November 28, 2008

Christmas is very near and most of us would be thinking about the best holiday gifts this yuletide season. I'm not much of a gift giver but I do at times give something for someone. Before I would really like to receive gifts, and even get envy if someone gets what I want, not until I got to work did I really appreciate giving to be more rewarding than receiving.

Everytime before I give something I always ask what he or she wanted, so that I would know what to give,I never really bothered the surprise thing, for me what matters is that the person that I'm giving would appreciate whatever I give.

There was one experience during my lowest days, when someone special to me is going to have a birthday. While our family was experiencing, what you may call a financial breakdown, I gathered what money I had just to be able to give something, anything...Surprisingly I was able to get a whopping twenty pesos, like I said we were experiencing a financial breakdown.

After my college class I got home and bought what my money can buy along the way, twenty pesos worth of brittle nut. Honestly I got excited, happy even that I could give something, when I got home I gave her my gift with a big smile in my face. What I got in return was something unexpected. A frown and shout in my face, I shouldn't have bothered giving the gift, and it hurt me so bad. I didn't ate just to save money, I skipped class just to be home early but got disappointed.

It's an experience I will never forget, but it taught me one good lesson. If you don't have anything to give then don't bother giving anything. Instead, just be with the person you love, and show him or her that he or she is special without giving presents.

The best gift is yourself, no matter what the occasion and best thing is, it will never go out of time.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © My blogs