Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Monday, October 20, 2008

A lot of friends told me about a new book about vampires, and since I'm a fan of Anne Rice and Lestat, I scoured the book stores to look for this particular book. I was amazed that I actually had a hard time looking for the book, that alone made me conclude that this book is really something, but eventually I found a copy and so I started.

The story is about a teenage girl named Isabella "bella" Swan and her love affair with Edward Cullen. Teenage love stories are pretty usual but this one is very much different since Eward is actually a vampire, Bella doesn't know this fact at first but even when she knew, she couldn't deny what she felt for the hundred year old teenage looking vampire.

Bella seemed a pretty ordinary girl with extraordinary skill in being at the wrong place moved from Phoenix, Arizona to Forks, Washington, to live with her Father Charlie, since her mother Renee can be with her new husband. At forks she eventually adapted herself at school and quickly made friends with her classmates.

At first Edward being a classmate was being rude and shows a bit of agression with her, but as time passes, this turned to friendship and Edward even saved Bella from a freak accident that made Bella think about who Edward really was. After a bit of flirting with a friend, she concludes that Edward and his family are a bunch of vampires.

Despite this fact they both fell in-love with each other since to Bella's satisfaction Edward and his family are actually resisting to drink human blood, specially Edward who finds Bella's blood to be very attractive. Everything seemed to be doing well until they encounter another group of vampire with one particularly interested with Bella.

The family of vampires hid Bella and tried to stop the vampire thats interested with bella which they eventually did using their vampire skills.

For me Stephenie Meyer is like a lighter side of Anne Rice when it comes with vampire stories. I'm really not a fan of love stories but I liked this one since the story is new and puts a new description to vampires. Stephenie's vampires are not your usual vampire's and for me her vampires are much cooler that your usual Bram Stoker Dracula's.

It seems I'm on the hunt for Book 2, 3 and 4 of her series.

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © My blogs